Fair Information Practices
'Personally Identifiable Information' (PII) is being used online. PII, as described in US privacy law and information
security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a
understanding of how we collect, use, protect or otherwise handle your Personally Identifiable Information in accordance
with our website.
What personal information do we
collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name,
email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
- No information is collected from your computer unless you choose to create an account.
- When you create an account via our login or through a social media account we collect only the following information.
- Your email address. This is also your user id used to login to the site
- Your zip code
- Address (optional)
- Your cell number (optional if you want to receive show updates via text)
- Your password is secured using encryption provided by Microsoft Identity Services. This is a product and your information is never accessible to Microsoft.
- When you use a social media login only a code provided by the Social Media platform is stored. We have no access to your account except for your email address and public information
- Search information you type may be stored and analyzed to present information on the site based on your interests. This is never shared.
- When you create an event, club, or other understand that all information is for display to the public by design.
How do we use your information?
- Your information is never shared with third party vendors.
- If you choose so in your My Account page your email address is used to send information about car shows near used based on your zip code.
- When you use the Carstoshow Calendar feature to follow a show, owners of events or clubs listed will use your email address or text number to convey communications from show hosts.
- When we link to outside payment frocessors (Braintree Paymnents or Pay Pal) your data is stored under their policies.
- Your zip code is used to display information about car shows and clubs near you.
- You need to enter a name if you want to use comments or ratings. This name is publically visible in the event manifest on each event page only when you add the show to your calendar, or when you add comments or ratings.
How Do I have my information Removed?
How do we protect your information?
- Personal information such as credit card numbers are never stored on this site. When a credit card is used for a purchase you are directed to BraintreePayments.com or PayPal.com, both industry and PCI Compliant sites.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Carstoshow.com uses only secure communications through Https.
- Information stored in the CarstoShow.com database are contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access
rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit
information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information
to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small files
that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow)
that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain
Zip codes are used to calculate your position and results in an automatica display of shows near you. If you select
Remember Me in your account settings your login information will also be stored so you do not have to enter a password every
time you enter the site..
and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn
off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your
browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
- If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable
- We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
CalOPPA is the first
The law's reach stretches well beyond California to require any person or company in the United States
(and conceivably the world) that operates websites collecting Personally Identifiable Information from California
those individuals or companies with whom it is being shared. -
See more at: http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- How to change your personal information:
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser
mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States'
consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must
do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children
under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the
United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection
laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented
is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive
action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 1 business day
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 1 business day
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the
right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals
have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements
for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out
tough penalties for violations. To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
To unsubscribefrom emailings or delete your account please do the following:
- To unsubscribe from email or text notifications go to My Account at the top of your screen and uncheck the boxes you want to disable.
Email me about events in my area OR Text me when one of my shows cancels
- To remove your account select Remove Me from the bottom of the page
you may contact us using the information below.
93 Canterbury Circle
East Longmeadow, MA 01028
Telephone: (413) 328-3780
Last Edited on 2021-08-18